Sunday, February 10, 2008

Beef Barley Vegetable Soup (crockpot)

This soup is one of our family favorites. It tastes great and it's so easy. It only takes me five minutes to put it together before I leave for work in the morning. I usually throw the ingredients for a loaf of bread in the bread machine at the same time and set the timer so when I get home from work, I walk into a house that smells of fresh baked bread and soup.

Beef Barley Vegetable Soup

1/2 lb beef cubes, trimmed of fat and cut in 1/2" pieces
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup chopped cabbage (I use the bagged coleslaw)
1 can chopped tomatoes, don't drain
2 15 oz can beef broth
1 can V-8 juice
1/4 cup barley
2 bay leaves
black pepper

Mix together all ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.

2 comments:

KnittyNancy said...

I love your cooking blog's name! Clever and fun!

Allison said...

Ok so I'm pathetic! I left a message on your Tres Bon post thinking I was on this blog. Oh well - I'll settle for being second comment! Way to go and the soup sounds yummy!