One of my coworkers has a birthday this week so I decided to bake him a cake rather than a traditional bakery purchase. I am making one of my favorite cake recipes. It's quick because it starts with a cake mix but the topping makes it very special. I tend to overindulge when I make this one - although the picture may not appear that appetizing, I assure you.... this cake is delicious!!
Italian Pineapple Cream Cake
- One white cake mix, prepared as directed on box
- 2/3 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups milk
- one small package instant vanilla pudding (original recipe called for pineapple cream pudding but I've never found that in the grocery store)
- 16 oz can crushed pineapple, well drained
Mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted butter and pour over warm cake. Let set until cool.
Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, milk and pudding mix. Stir in pineapple. Top cake with mixture.
Refrigerate before serving.